Don't all cell phone pictures change color with the light? I wonder how I can distinguish between warm tone and cool tone with a cell phone picture

Technology drives fashion revolutions.

In the 80s, Carole Jackson’s “Color Me Beautiful” became hugely popular when color accuracy printing technology reached a new level.

Same happens today with mobile devices. Cell phone screens aren’t perfect, but for the last couple of years they’ve become much better and today it’s perfectly suitable for identifying your best colors!

Many professional stylists do virtual color analysis based on a photo. If it’s good enough for their picky eyes, then it’s good for most people!

For the best results, you need good lighting conditions. (That’s also true for a printed swatch book, btw.)

The My Best Colors app [Free download; iTunes, Google Play] comes with white balance and a flashlight, so it’s usable in all kinds of different lighting conditions. Give it a try, you’ll love the results.

3 Likes

Oh wow! I have Color Me Beautiful, but I didn’t know that about it’s history, that’s cool!

White balancing can make a massive difference in any kind of photography.

1 Like

Is there an easy way to do white balancing on a phone Jenny?