How do I create a capsule wardrobe palette?

That’s a great question. This system lets you upload a picture of your wardrobe or makeup and see how the colors match and work together. There’s a video below that shows you the process.

1. Take a picture of items in your wardrobe or your makeup bag.
  2. Click “Browse” to upload the saved image.
  3. Once it’s uploaded, the system automatically suggests a palette with the most dominant colors in the image.
  4. To add a new color, click anywhere on the photo that you’d say the color on the screen really matches the color of the product/garment. (That’s called the ‘true hue’ for style nerds!).
  5. Scroll down to see how the selected color interacts with the four classic palettes.
  6. Click the Build Your Palette button to continue editing in the Palette Builder.

Shades similar to the ones selected will extend from the wheel showing that its a match. If it appears on your palette, it’s a great choice for you and your wardrobe!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, this was really helpful. I wasn’t 100% clear on what a capsule wardrobe even was, but I love that I can take a purse I like and construct an outfit around it now. That’s great!

1 Like